Almost Paradise

Perfection I’ve been told is a myth. Yet I know and I’ve experienced occasions and connections that have been near perfect. These last two days in Arusha fall under this category for me.

Homemade coffee at Tenguru

Yesterday we visited a Tengeru coffee plantation and had lunch and brewed coffee from coffee beans in a local home. Yes, we climbed about two kilometres uphill in the rain, and yes, there were a few falls and a few scary moments of almost slipping. But, at the end of the day there was camaraderie, and everyone pitching in to shell, roast, grind and then brew coffee. 


We also had a remarkable lunch.
Today, we visited one of the most naturally beautiful places I’ve ever seen.
I got to film and document two remarkable interviews with Ee-Yeiyo with my team from NSCC and Veta Hotel Training Institute.

Ee-Yeiyo

We were greeted by Ee-Yeiyo and people from Da Meru Tribe and treated and our first bit of business was a delicious tea brew, bananas, and shortly sweet roasted potatoes.

Mama and me

Ee-Yeiyo or Mama, made us feel quite at home and I later had the opportunity to set-up and film (along with the help of my team) a remarkable piece of history.
Later that day we had probably the most delicious meal I’ve had since childhood 😊 and then a session of storytelling by Dada that was also recorded by members of my team. 


Yes, it rained non-stop and we had to leave the camp fire due to rain, but everything that resulted from this was a BONUS.
Happiness, Tina and myself

I’ve learned so much and I feel a new kinship to these people and this land. I’m even more excited to see what the next few days will bring.

#Connection #Kinship #Yeiyo #Arusha
#Documentation #OralHistoryInterpretationTanzania #Filmmaker #NSCCInternational

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Calling

Adieu

Arusha