Adieu

Happy moment with Masaii. Photo by Courtney Bolivar

I can't even begin to say goodbye to this land, this place, new friends.

Tanzania has pulled me in many directions. From day one on landing in Dar Es Salaam to travelling to Arusha, making new friends, recording and learning a piece of history and participating in a Tribal dance.

Then on to Mikumi to visit the villages, connect with old friends and make new ones. To talk to a class of students, many introductions along the way. This experience has surpassed my expectations.
In route to a village. Photo by Janet Hawkwood


There have been moments of uncertainty and yes, a few moments of learning. My team has gone through a few minor aches and adjustments, but though it all we persevered and kept smiling.
Breakfast at Vuma Hills


To say that I've grown as a filmmaker is limiting. I've grown as an individual.

Interview in a village


The last days spent on Safari were breathtaking. Yet, they were equal to the days spent in the villages, talking, documenting and learning.
Safari- Mikumi National Park


I will miss this place, these people. I will miss the sounds, the atmosphere of Tanzania, of Africa. Most of all I will miss the people.
Sunset at Vuma Hills



Please check back for videos. Thanks for reading and following my journey!

#Documentation #OralHistoryInterpretationTanzania #Filmmaker #NSCCInternational






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

London Calling

The Real Deal